We use cookies on this site to enhance your online experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to accept cookies.


The Township of Spallumcheen and the Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department continue to monitor the wildfire located west of the Township identified as the White Rock Lake Fire under BC Wildfire # K61884At this time, we continue to work with BC Wildfire Service and Emergency Management BC regarding this fire near our borders.

After a Townhall Farmers Round Table meeting on Thursday August 12, 2021 all commercial farms should be aware of the programs available through the Ministry of Agriculture and the Township of Spallumcheen information can also be found on our website at https://www.spallumcheentwp.bc.ca/culture/emergency-information.htm

In the event of an Evacuation Order and you require a re-entry permit for essential reasons, you must fill out a temporary access permit and submit it to the Township of Spallumcheen Emergency Operations Center.  A long term access permit may be issued to eligible farm businesses to deal with essential commercial farm and ranch activities. A copy of the form can also be found on our website https://www.spallumcheentwp.bc.ca. A short term access permit may be issued to non-commercial producers (i.e. hobby farms) to replenish and do a wellness check if conditions allow.

A farm business may qualify for Emergency Livestock Relocation and Emergency Livestock Feed Assistance.  Commercial farms must fill out the relocation assistance form and/or feed assistance form and submit it to the Township of Spallumcheen Emergency Operations Center. The relocation and feed assistance forms may be submitted to eoc@spallumcheentwp.bc.ca during the Evacuation Alert phase.

An eligible farm business is defined by the Farm Practices Protection (Right to Farm) Act as those farm businesses where a reasonable expectation of income, based on sales, is anticipated including, but not limited to, the rearing and keeping of livestock.  The relocation assistance program is not intended for hobby farms, cats, dogs, or other animals kept within the confines of a home.

If you have questions regarding the agricultural emergency programs please contact the Emergency Operation Centre at 250-546-3013.